We occasionally have vacancies for bakers, cooks and shop staff. If you’re interested in a career with Holtwhites Bakery & Deli, email us with your CV and we’ll keep you in mind if a position becomes available.
You can see our job applicants Privacy Notice (updated May 2018) here.
Vacancies for full-time Shop Assistant and Assistant Wholesale Manager
Location: Enfield, North London
Contract: Full time, permanent (30-45 hours per week including some weekend work)
Salary: Competitive hourly rate plus quarterly sales-related bonus, lunch & bread allowance (worth up to £10 per day) and shop discounts.
Holtwhites Bakery is an award-winning independent artisan bakery & deli established in 2011. Our shop & bakery is based in an attractive residential area of Enfield, North London. We pride ourselves on baking the very best “real” artisan bread, pastries and cakes for our shop and wholesale customers. As well baked goods, we offer a range of high-end artisan deli products (farmhouse cheeses, charcuterie, locally made preserves, wines & local craft beers), barista coffee and take-away lunches. We aim to deliver exceptional customer service to our loyal & discerning customers.
We are looking for a Full-Time Shop Assistant and an Assistant Wholesale Manager who are as excited about great food and drink as we are, and who is passionate about customer service. We have exciting plans to expand our business in the next 12 months which will present opportunities for career progression.
Shop Assistant: This main focus of this role is serving customers and helping to run the shop. You will need to demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for our products and customer care. Barista coffee experience is an advantage but training will be provided.
Assistant Wholesale Manager: This role will involve a mix of shop work and management/ supervision of our wholesale bakery deliveries. The latter requires a good understanding of our production and ordering processes and excellent attention to detail.
At Assistant Manager level you will work with the team to motivate, support and bring out the best in those around you. You will support the Shop Manager to manage stock, staff and sales targets, using your experience, passion and creativity to maximise sales. You will be an ambassador for the Holtwhites Bakery brand, ensuring that standards remain high and continually looking for ways to improve.
Please note, both of the above roles involve some early starts and weekend (and week day) work. Flexibility about working hours and shift patterns will be required.
- Excellent customer service
- Ensure all goods are correctly displayed, labelled and priced to maximise sales
- Ensure that customer orders (retail and wholesale) are fulfilled accurately and efficiently
- Produce creative and eye-catching displays and boards to maximise sales
- Stock management: ordering/stock rotation/minimise waste
- Manage customer complaints and report to the Shop Manager
- Ensure the team follows good food safety & hygiene practices at all times
- Help to manage the performance of the front-of-house team and staff rota
- Previous experience in high-end food and/or drink retail e.g. artisan bakery/deli/coffee shop. Minimum 1 year management experience required
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent knowledge of and enthusiasm for all products. A detailed knowledge and understanding of our baked goods, cheese counter and beverages will be required; training will be provided
- Excellent communication at all levels with colleagues and with customers
- Very good attention to detail
- Experience of producing attractive and creative shop displays and signage
- Good food safety & hygiene practices (Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate)
- Good team work; able to work collaboratively and motivate a team
- Barista coffee experience is desirable, however training can be provided
To apply, please send a CV and covering email (outlining which role you are applying for and why you think you are the best person for the job) to Kate at email@example.com. For more information call Kate on 07811593452.